fbconnect

Mould spores are everywhere and are a big cause of the allergic reactions that many people suffer.

While it is hard to know how many mould spores the average person will encounter on a daily basis, there are ways to prevent the mould exposure that creates allergic reactions, at least in your own home.

“all moulds flourish in damp conditions, the best way to get rid of mould in the home that causes allergic reactions is to make sure everything in the home is properly ventilated and cleaned”

Let’s look at some common mould spores and the ways that allergic reactions can be prevented:
The two most common types of moulds in the household are:

1. Penicillium Notatum: This is the green-blue mold found on bread and other grains.

2. Cladosporium Herbarum: This is the most frequently found indoor mould and grows on unclean refrigerators, window frames, textiles, dead plants and soil, and other damp places in the home.

As all moulds flourish in damp conditions, the best way to get rid of mould in the home that causes allergic reactions is to make sure everything in the home is properly ventilated and cleaned. Here are some simple steps you can take to get rid of mould spores and alleviate allergic reactions.

Step 1: Throw out all old foodstuffs that may have mold spores. Only buy the amount of fresh fruits, vegetables, bread, and grains that you will eat within a week. The rest will just start growing mold spores that you may not be able to see.

“build up and continuous onslaught that your home’s roof, walls and even brick and pavement areas, can exponentially increase the overall amount of mould”

Step 2: Go through your closets and under the bed and empty them of any stacks of clothing. Mold spores and other microscopic organisms love to live in clothing that is compressed into warm dark spaces. Either get rid of the clothing or store it somewhere else – or you will always have a problem with mold spores and allergic reactions.

Step 3: Thoroughly dry all clothes and wet towels in the clothes dryer. Never leave wet clothes or towels hanging to air dry because all they are doing is start growing mold spores that cause allergic reactions.

Step 4: Throw out old newspapers and dying plants.

Step 5: Keep your house as ventilated as possible with open windows and vents in the bathroom and kitchen. Do not use a humidifier, and do not let the steam from a shower flow through the house.

Step 6: Keep the exterior of your house washed and free of dust and debris. The build up and continuous onslaught that your home’s clean roof, walls and even brick and pavement areas, can exponentially increase the overall amount of mould you have growing in and outside of your house.