Over the last several years, the exterior cleaning industry has adopted a relatively new practice for removing organic and atmospheric debris from vinyl, brick, stucco and almost any other surface.
Over the last few decades, the exterior cleaning industry has tested a relatively new practice for cleaning outdoor contaminants from different house materials.
And what most of us know is the invention of pressure washing. It’s the standard practice of spraying a concentrated and adjustable stream of water at a given surface to remove contaminants and restore a surface to its pristine condition.
Pressure washing is a commonly used method. It’s true that it works. But pressure washers can be complicated to use, especially when you’re a first-timer. It’s labor-intensive, requiring you to master how a pressure washer works.
You can optionally apply chemical solutions, but the water spray can be enough to remove biological contaminants from your home’s exterior.
While pressure washing is highly effective for exterior house cleaning, it can also give you a problem. As this cleaning process uses a certain amount of pressure, surfaces are prone to get damaged in the process. When done improperly, you may chip off paint, blow window seals, or impact your landscaping. Bottom line, proper usage of a pressure washer is highly important.
Now that you are familiar with the process of pressure washing, let’s take a look at the process and benefits of the soft washing method.
What is Soft Washing?
In a nutshell, soft washing requires the usage of low-pressure and specialised solutions to remove dirt and debris from your home.
The process is simple.
- First, you prepare your surrounding area. Set aside any plants, clothes on the clothesline, and other outdoor equipment you have around the surface area you are cleaning.
- Prepare the solution for the soft washing process.
- Once the solution is prepared, load it out to the soft washer, then apply to the surface you are cleaning.
- Remember, the application is gentle, similar to the pressure that comes out of your garden hose (150-180 PSI.)
- Once you are done, depending on the surface, the solution is left in order to remove dirt, debris, and kill all contaminants.
What Do You Need for a Soft Washing Solution?
- Water – You need water to dilute the bleach.
- Cleaning surfactant – This helps in the cleaning process by carrying away, loosening, and dissolving dirt and other substances. Due to the chemical nature of surfactants, they penetrate between the surface and the contaminants clinging to them (dirt, plants, fungi, etc.). Then, they push them apart and lifting them away. The surfactant’s role also helps prevent excessive run-off so your cleaning solution will stay on the surface for higher effectivity.
- Mould inhibitor – This component kills any mould and mildew spores, algae, moss, and any other plants or fungi growing on a surface.
Why Should You Soft Wash Your Home?
Boosts Your Curb Appeal
Several months of rough weather can make any home start to look dirty and shabby. Debris will start to collect and later on, this will impact your house’s curb appeal. Have a closer look and you’ll start seeing blotches, stains, and streaks on the sliding, roofs, sidewalks, and driveway.
This is a no-brainer. You need to properly maintain your home’s exteriors to keep its features and fixtures looking their best. And this is attainable through soft washing.
Through soft washing, dirt is washed away, and all bacteria and contaminants are killed. This will not only make your house look beautiful, but it also increases its value.
In terms of post-washing, this also stops bacteria from growing. It will make your lovely home restored and good as new.
Keeps Your Family Safe
If contaminants such as mould and mildew are growing on your home’s exterior, they can soon grow inside your home too. This is not something you can overlook at all. Contaminants that feed off your home’s exterior can cause respiratory issues and allergic reactions for you and your family.
So once you see mould growing on the outside of your home, start cleaning it off. When you soft wash your home, you’re not only reducing mildew and mould, you are also killing these organisms at their roots.
This prevents exposure to contaminants and your family will stay healthy.
Preserves Your Home’s Foundation
Contaminants don’t simply carry health risks to your family. They also can cause expensive and extensive damage to your home’s exterior. For example, lichen, fungi, and algae on your home’s exterior can deteriorate its lifespan.
If you regularly maintain your home’s exterior by soft washing it, you prevent damage and you preserve its foundation.
So when you soft wash your home, you’re not only cleaning your house, you’re also expanding your home’s roof, siding, and deck’s lifespan.
Saves You Money
If your home’s exterior is full of dirt and damages, you will need to replace as many parts as you need. And the truth is, repairs and replacements for outdoor areas can become expensive.
You can save tons of money from soft washing, which you can do once a year. On the other hand, expenses on painting a certain part of your home, fixing a clogged gutter, or replacing stained tiles in your patio.
Need Help with Soft Washing?
Now that you know how soft washing works, and how it will benefit you, there’s no harm in trying it. It has worked for many homes in Brisbane, and you can make the most of it too. Just make sure that you’re working with the right house washing company and you can have a clean, sanitised and restored home! For soft washing services in Brisbane, you can call us at 1300 927 433. Or you can fill out our form for a free quote. We look forward to serving you!