Property crime is one of the most common forms of crime across Australia. This includes the destruction and damage of residential and commercial establishments, household burglary, and vehicle theft. And if you want a primary example of a property crime, let’s talk about throwing eggs. Almost every homeowner has woken up one morning to wash eggs off a house. Some kids might have probably played a prank just to get someone back for their wrongdoings. Or, they simply want to throw some eggs in the air without any reason.
Throwing eggs on properties can become a serious dilemma. Aside from exerting effort to get rid of it, eggs can leave stains and foul smell if left unattended for a long period. It can kill your property’s curb appeal, and you surely don’t want that to happen. Preserve your property’s exteriors by washing the eggs off properly.
The Impact of Egg Stains in Your Exteriors
You probably know how raw, uncooked eggs look like. They’re liquidy, runny, and sticky. Once they stick on a surface, they can seep into tiny crevices and cracks. Leave them for hours, and they’ll get dry especially under the sun. They can also break down house paint. It even gets worse if those eggs produce a foul smell. That’s why you shouldn’t leave egg stains unattended for an extended period, which leads you to the next move: getting rid of them immediately.
How to Remove Nasty Egg Stains on Your Property
There are several effective ways to wash eggs off a house before they cause enough damage to require costly repairs. Here are three:
Water and White Vinegar
- Mix one part white vinegar with one part warm water, and soak a towel in the solution.
- Wrap the wet towel around a piece of cardboard and damp them on the stain.
- Prop the top of a ladder or similar object against the cardboard and let it sit for about 15 to 20 minutes.
- After taking the towel away, rinse the area with a hose to wash the egg off.
Water and Laundry Detergent
- Mix water with a powdered enzyme detergent like Arm & Hammer to form a thick paste.
- Use about a ¼ cup of detergent mixed with some water, which should be enough to cover the average egged area.
- Apply the paste and let it sit for about 15 minutes and wash the egg off the area with a hose.
Spray-On Laundry Remover
- Wet the area thoroughly first, and then spray on the spot remover.
- Let the remover work for about 15 minutes and then wipe off with a damp cloth.
Professional House Washing
Have you tried some DIY methods but none doesn’t do the job well? If you’re not satisfied with these quick and easy fixes, it’s time to opt for professional house cleaning services that use a low-pressure pressure washer.
Although it can be tempting to rent or buy a cheap pressure washer, it’s not the best solution for households and other properties alike. Generally, pressure washers are expensive. There are budget-friendly options available on the market, but they barely give satisfying results.
Hire a House Washer Pro
Whether you have a tight schedule or you simply can’t DIY, hire a professional house washing company to wash eggs off your property. For high-quality and reliable service, reach out to us. At House Washing Experts, we use a special low-pressure washer to remove ugly egg stains and rotten smell. We care about your property. We can preserve your property’s original condition through our effective and reliable cleaning methods. If you have any questions, feel free to call us at 1300 927 433. We’ll be more than happy to serve you.